Everyone with a career has short and long term goals. Mine consist of three very simple objectives. One, is to lock an international financial contract. Two, to be able to work for an international corporation or government. Three, to start my own international financing corporation or specialize in international imports and exports. These are my top three career objectives for the next five years.
In order to have a competitive advantage in todays global economy, one must be well educated on particular areas of expertise as well as being well rounded by educated contacts. I am an aggressive networking person and believe that all the educated contacts that I have made over the years are great strengths to making my top career objectives be achievable in the time frame specified. These contacts can potentially help me navigate their native country and assist me with translation, laws, and business opportunities, and expansion. My weaknesses might be myself being impatient to reach my goals. Transactions, laws, procedures, and other aspects of international business require time and detailed documentation for processing to occur and as an impatient person, it might cause me to make some childish mistake to accelerate these processes, which might result in loss of some potential business.
In the first one to three years I plan to be present as much as I can in the countries where my business transactions are occurring in order to maintain tight and strict control of all major decisions and transactions being done. I also want to interact with the people I am doing business with. In the fourth year I will appoint a business ambassador in the countries where my businesses will be taking place with me supervising their work by attending the country one to two times a month. The fifth year I plan to make the ambassador a general manager and take full control of my business in that specific country and keep a close managerial oversight from home by asking for daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly updates, reports, news, and suggestions. As for my weakness, I plan to see more closely that all business procedures are done on a timely manner to avoid delays and becoming impatient. Hopefully this will result in the retention of business. The first one to two years, I plan on doing this along with a international general operations manager and a country operations manager in each country where I do business in order to assure business in flowing smooth with the least delays as possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment